Wednesday, March 7, 2012

i like my life just fine.

Today is one of those days (as in 98% of all the days) that I am utterly depleted after work. Being a teacher is very much like being on stage for 6 and a half straight hours; hell, I'm even miked. The thing is, I love those 6 and a half hours most of the time. I have really entertaining little costars. It's the fact that there's 5 hours of paperwork staring me down at the end of each day that gets my goat.

On a good day, I'll get in an extra 3 or 4 hours after dismissal. On a day like today, I'll cut my losses, leave early (read: after 8 hours), and read blogs or magazines on the couch because I don't have the brainpower to do anything else.

When Kevin gets home from high school (where he is a teacher, not a student, thank you), he has similar moments of mindless decompression. He looks at media and comedy websites, and I get to experience the simple joy of listening to his wonderful, ridiculous laugh ring out. The man has a stellar laugh. Every now and then I ask what's so funny, and let me tell you, it is usually not that funny.

But this one got even me today. Scroll slowly for full comedic effect.

from here

Despite this post's title, I think I'd be okay with becoming either Steve Martin or Bill Murray if offered the chance. Something tells me that decompressing by playing banjo and pulling "They'll never believe you" jokes provides better stress relief than Elle Decor and dooce.

No comments:

Post a Comment