Thursday, February 16, 2012

a subsequent letter.

Dear Northwestern,
hand drawn valentine by the amazing Maybelle

 Best,
lcb
 

Backstory to the Follow Up, alternately titled "I am all Bark, no Bite":

After firing off a snide letter to the president and vice president of donor and alumni relations, I received a really prompt, thoughtful, apologetic reply.  And a guarantee it would never happen again.  And the promise of a thorough investigation. And a personal offer by the president to make a donation in my name to an area of my choice (I chose need-based undergrad grants).  For a hot moment, I was quite satisfied.

Then I started feeling really guilty for complaining. Then I felt scared about possibly getting someone in trouble. Then I spent the evening worrying about the demise of a stranger's career. 

Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment