Friday, February 3, 2012

one liners.

Last night I fell down a wormhole of gmail archives and read LOTS of emails about love (read: about me complaining about love).

I found one line in an email that so wholly encapsulated one of my relationships that I had to write it down because there is no better way for me to remember or relate that experience:

"thanks for taking me to prom that one time, and for letting me eat the crust off your pizza."


 And that's exactly what it was.

Floral Heart by Anna Bond at Rifle

 And because it's February and almost our anniversary and it's okay to be sappy, here's a line that's a bit more current:

"i literally have had my breath taken away several times this weekend, where there's a tightness in my chest that i've never felt before and all i can do is smile. it's just all been so easy."

More (and more elegantly crafted) relationship shorts, courtesy of author/artist Brian Andreas:

I read once that the ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand & the Eskimos had a hundred words for snow. I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me while you sleep & there are no words for that.

You're the strangest person I ever met, she said & I said you too & we decided we'd know each other a long time.

"When I first met him, I knew in a moment I would have to spend the next few days re-arranging my mind so there'd be room for him to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment