Friday, January 6, 2012

so long to the christmas that never was.


So today it's way too warm for a puffy down coat and the sunshine is whoring herself out like it's spring. January, Chicago-- have we met? Before I got mired in the 50-something worries about my life and his life and other people's lives that I started rattling off to him, Kevin pulled me out of the apartment for a walk. We went to visit our favorite neighbors: Sy and Burma at the Zoo. Oh how those effers just swing and swing, without a care in the world. I could learn a thing or two from those apes.



Seeing as how spring is here, I suppose it's time to get rid of mini-tree. Farewell old friend. You did the trick this faux-Christmas, but I'll be back to 9 footers next year. Why?


Because I LIKE finding pine needles on the floor in the middle of summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment